Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Haircut Mania

Yesterday was haircut day for Spunky Girl and I. Normally, I take the 3 kids in for haircuts and I go separately to a salon, but I buzzed the Big Guy's head myself last week and it doesn't look too bad. Yippee for me...$10 saved. Spunky Girl is home during the afternoons when I sneak out for a haircut, so it is convenient to bring her along and let Hot Daddy have the time to workout.

So off we go to get our hair cut. I had decided to cut off some length. I've been growing my hair out since I whacked it after Spunky Girl was born. In those 5 years, it has grown to about my shoulder blades. My intention was to keep growing it out, but my husband (ever-so-subtle) said "don't grow it out on my account. I like it shorter". Given that "hint", I thought I'd take 2 - 3 inches off. I really like Spunky Girl's current hair, so I wanted her hair trimmed and shaped into the same style she currently has.

I don't know what happened when we got to the hair salon...either we had a language communication problem or the hair stylists just decided to do what they wanted. Instead of chopping off a few inches into a straight-flippy hair style, my hair stylist trimmed it, layered the back, and brought out my curls. Does this look shorter, straight, and flippy to you? Yeah, it doesn't to me either.

I've had this happen to me before. I come in with fairly straight hair. The stylist gets my hair wet and sees that there is a lot of curl in the back...and decides that it would be fun to see it curly. Might be fun for them, but I already knew it was there and I'm trying to avoid it. Sheesh. It looks like a bad near-mullet I had entering high school.

The stylist doing Spunky Girl's hair thought it would be fun to give her a rocker hairdo. She trimmed a little and then spent a bunch of time flat ironing her hair to make it stick out. I actually think this is really cute, but there is no way I have time to flat iron that girl's hair. It isn't going to look anything like this when I try to do it. Couldn't they have just trimmed her hair like I tried to ask for? I think Spunky Girl was a tad disappointed when she saw what I was able to do to her hair this morning...definitely not as cute.

Oh well, new haircuts are just a few months away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Let me know what you think.