Thursday, March 19, 2009

Well, it's not about world peace

Unlike my friend Teena, who aims for socially important topics in her blog http://moonlighthum.blogspot.com/, this blog will be about my fashion sense. Enthralling, I know.

I've always wanted to have a better grasp on my own personal style. I watch the TLC show What Not To Wear and listen eagerly for any advice that might apply to me. I wonder "Am I a pear?" "Am I an hour glass?" I never have figured that one out. I'm clearly more ample around my derriere than I am at my bust line, but I have a defined waist which is a characteristic of an hourglass...but I digress.

So, where was I? Oh yes, my personal style. I was flipping through a Lucky magazine and found an article that showed examples of lots of different styles. I was able to easily find my preferences among the different outfits and suddenly I know a little bit about my personal style. Downtown Bohemian? Nope. Funky Ladylike? Uhuh. Sweetly Slouchy? Nope. Thrown-on Sexy? Sorry. Witty Classic? Maybe. Tough Romantic? YES!!! There I was, reflected in the style choices of the tough romantics. Sweet blouses with edgy jeans and a pair of rockin' heels. Black t-shirts with skirts. It's me...or maybe just who I want to be. My favorite pair of jeans is a hand-me-down pair I got from Keri. Citizens of Humanities is the brand. They are distressed, worn, a bit too holey at this point, and 2 sizes too big...but I love them so I throw on a belt and wear them happily. In just 2 weeks, I'm planning a shopping trip where I may replace those jeans with a pair that fits, but now I know to look for a pair with edgier characteristics and maybe I'll love the new pair just as much.

Lisa out.

2 comments:

  1. You are not a pear. Pears have a much more distinct disparity between their upper and lower bodies. Or should I say, 'dispearity', haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got rid of my CoH jeans. To think I was ever tiny enough to fit in those pants is heartbreaking - I couldn't look at them anymore. I know I'll regret it - it's not like I'll ever be able to spend $130-160 on a pair of jeans. Even the CoH jeans I had were a gift. Wonder what happened to that friend who gave them to me... :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Let me know what you think.