Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Really, it isn't just about the eating.

This week hubby is working a lot...which means I am working a lot without the benefit of adult interaction (distraction?). Today was shaping up to be a long stressful day, so I decided the best way to get through the morning was to involve the kids in a lengthy activity that would take us straight up until naptime. That activity was baking. Here we are:



Photobucket



It isn't a new thing for me to use baking as a way to move through stressful times. In fact, it is one of my favorite stress busters. I came to the realization today that the stress release comes from the enjoyment of baking, not necessarily in the joy of eating whatever it is that I made.



Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm above enjoying the fruits of my labor. =)

Photobucket



Maybe I should save one to eat while I watch the Biggest Loser tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I was having a hard day yesterday and decided we should make play dough to keep my sanity till Craig got home. We didn't get to eat it but at least the kids played with it for a while. Sunny

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Let me know what you think.