Tuesday, March 16, 2010

15th Anniversary Vacation Blog -- Day 5

Day 5 -- Tuesday
...and so begins Day 5. We slept in till nearly 7am Maui time. Could we have finally adjusted to the time change? Will we sleep in till 8 am tomorrow, which would finally be a time that counts as "sleeping in" for us? It is so lovely to wake up and open the curtains and listen to the waves crash as you lie listless in bed. Sigh. A not-very-good picture of Lisa on our balcony

Today is Scott's first day at dive school. At 8:30 am, I drove him down to the dive shop and then I was on my own for the day. There are so many possibilities for my day. I can lay by the pool all day. I can lay on the beach all day. I can shop all day. I can sit in a hammock and read my book all day. I can even stay in my hotel room and blog and watch movies all day. Honestly, it feels funny to not have any direction on what to do. Usually I make my plans based on a to-do list and what will work best for my family, and then sneak in a few minutes here and there of what I want to do. Today is all about what I want to do and I have to force myself to not try to plan it out, but to just let it unfold as it will.

I opted for laying by the pool while I washed Scott's laundry. This may sound selfless, but the darling boy didn't pack a full week's worth of underwear because he was limiting his packing so I could bring all the clothes that I wanted for the week...and because we wanted to travel with carry-on luggage only. If that isn't true love...

Anyway, so I laid by the pool for awhile and then came back for a 10 am snack and some movie/reading time. Then I headed down for some shopping and paid FULL PRICE for some darling swim outfits for my girls. I miss them. I can't wait to give them the little treasures that I've been picking up for them.

After shopping, it is back to the hotel for some more reading/blogging time before I head back to pick up Scott. He loved his first day of diving and is really looking forward to getting his certification. It is something he has always wanted to do, so I'm glad we're making the time for it in our vacation. Of course, it means that after an early dinner at the Hula Grill he needed to study for a few hours...but I was tired anyway so a night watching television while sitting in front of my open patio door and listening to the surf and feeling the ocean breeze was fine by me. Bedtime by 10 pm, up by 6:30 am.

Lisa and Scott at the Hula Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Let me know what you think.