Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wish I read that warning label sooner

I don't know why, but I haven't wanted to sit down and eat breakfast in the mornings. That isn't like me...I'm more of a have a cup of coffee, then a bagel, and then finish it off with a plate of hash browns and bacon kinda gal. Instead I've been stealing my husband's protein bars as I run out the door with the kids. They aren't particularly tasty, but they aren't gross either and they keep my stomach from rumbling and my mood from crashing.

Today I happen to glance at the back of the protein bar. I read this warning:

WARNING: This product contains sugar alcohols, which may cause gastrointestinal discomfort. Excessive consumption may have a laxative effect.

If there is anything I don't need to have happen while I'm out with the kids, it is to be tied to some gas station bathroom somewhere with the runs. It is bad enough when the kids have to go to the bathroom and we have to stop somewhere. "Don't TOUCH anything" will be difficult to enforce if I can't stand up.

No more protein bars for me. I gotta find something else to grab and go. Who knows? Maybe I'll start buying donuts and get addicted to a new bad habit.

1 comment:

Leave a comment! Let me know what you think.