Sunday, January 31, 2010

You have GOT to be kidding me



Way Uncool. Seriously Lame. Freakin' terrific.

That's what I have to say. I waited 31 days to check the scale...and for what? I've been good. No, I've been awesome. Working out 5 days a week. Only 2 days in the entire month did I exceed my calorie goals. I see my stomach getting flatter. I zip up my jeans a little easier. I met new holes on my belts. But does the scale reflect it? NO. A Big STUPID zero lb weight loss. ZERO. NADA. NILCH.

I know, I know. I can tell myself that it is surely just the addition of extra lbs of muscle that is offsetting my fat loss. But that is just what we say...what we say when we are trying to make someone feel better. You know that and I know that. I don't want to have to say that to myself. I want to say that I worked hard this month and the scale reflected that. But can I say that? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.


So, what did I do today? Come on. You know what I did. I ate.

I ate whatever I felt like eating. I had juice to drink with my meals. I snacked on appetizers. I had swiss steak over mashed potatoes. I had dressing all over my salad. I had birthday cake. I ate with a vengence.

And then I didn't feel very good. Or very good about myself. Sigh.

So tomorrow I will go back to being good. I will ignore the scale (or try my best). I will resume calorie counting. I will resume working out. I will remember my goal of looking great for my vacation in 5 weeks. I WILL NOT feel bad that I haven't lost weight yet and I WILL be encouraged about my healthier body.

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Your post makes me feel better. (hope that's o.k.) I've been cutting calories and it has not been reflected when I step on the scale. Fusterating? Yes! But the fact that your fitting into your jeans easily gives me hope. It makes me want to keep going. I also had a major pig out day today, but tomorrow I will get back on track. Huge pat on the back for working out 5 days a week!! I haven't figured out how to fit exercise into my day (nor frankly do I want to). Keep up the great work Lisa!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Let me know what you think.