Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Today is the day


Today is the day I take the Big Guy to the dentist to have his front two teeth pulled. Not only is today the day, the this is the hour. I have to leave in about 40 minutes. (Why are you blogging then, you might ask, but there is no good answer to that question.)

I slept awful last night. I couldn't fall asleep when I when to bed and then I woke up every few hours. I hate when I do that. It happens whenever I've got something I'm stressing about happening right when I wake up. For some reason my body wakes up every few hours to check the clock...I guess to see if I can stop stressing now becuase the time has come or if I should keep stressing in my dreams for a few hours. It is totally lame. And now I get to bring the Big Guy to the dentist when I'm exhausted and he is going to be a handful.

The first challenge will be the fact that he can't have breakfast. He is cranky when he first gets up and he always requests (okay, he really demands) either his favorite cartoon or waffles and cereal. I can't wait till I get to say "no" to both and instead demand that we instantly get dressed and head for the dentist.

Well, Spunky Girl is up now too and my time until I have to leave has shrunk by 5 minutes, so I'd better start getting ready.

Sure would appreciate any prayers for my baby boy as well as for my sanity. =)

3 comments:

  1. Poor little Big Guy!! (and mommy too) Hope all went well.

    Auntie Tory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers have been sent. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just had flashbacks to when my eldest of three had to get fillings at 5yrs old. Because she was so fearful, she was screaming, bit my arm and kicked me in the chest. I was shocked b/c my "princess" had never acted that way before. ha. They had to drug her, put her in a cocoon (which she eventually came out of on drugs.) After a call to her daddy requesting HELP, I went home, cried a little, and prayed a LOT. Ha. That was the only episode of that magnitude and she is now 14 yrs old with braces. She's embarrassed by that story and has no memory of it. Oh the joys of childhood. :) Hang in there, it gets better!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Let me know what you think.