Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To Weigh or Not to Weigh?


To weigh or not to weigh, that is the question.

I thought Scott and I had an iron-clad, till-death-do-us-part, agreement not to weigh ourselves till the end of the month. Apparently Scott didn't feel it was quite that firm and has been weighing himself. So, I have to decide if I'm going to weigh myself or not.

I liked the idea of not weighing myself. It felt exciting to see what my weight loss number would turn out to be. I think I'll be pretty thrilled if I've lost 5 lbs at the end of the month. But what if I'm not on track to lose that 5 lbs? Would I rather know that I'm not going to see that number? I don't think so...I think it will just bum me out and being bummed out makes me want to eat. How would that help?

However, I don't think I have the self-control not to step on the scale if I haven't made a commitment to someone that I won't. That's why I join all these stupid motivating weight loss challenges. Without a commitment to others, my willingness to stop my self from checking the scale (or snacking) goes away quite quickly. I fear that issue has a larger meaning in my life, but I won't digress about that now.

All right, I'm off to the chiropractor. I've been exercising, so hopefully he'll be high-fiving me instead of hurting me. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Let me know what you think.