Thursday, April 8, 2010
I brought 4 back issues of the EVERY DAY WITH RACHAEL RAY magazines with me on our last trip. I don't subscribe to that magazine, so I've only read the magazine before while sitting in doctors' offices. I read through 3 copies before I realized that the point of the magazine isn't supposed to just be pleasureful flipping through the pages. Maybe I was actually supposed to attempt some of the yummy (yummo?) food pictured inside.
So I chose one of the magazines and tagged the recipes that met 2 of 3 of the following criteria:
* Do I want to eat this?
* Will my kids eat this?
* Is this a practical menu choice considering the cost of groceries?
Here are the recipes that I tagged from the Sept 09 issue:
* Vanillla Bean Crepe Mix from Target (okay, not really a cullinary challenge, but it sounds good. They recommend filling them with applesauce, butter, honey and pecans.)
* Turkey Burger Drumsticks (obviously a kid choice. I don't need my burger to be on a stick, but if it makes the kids eat...)
* Three Cheese Manacotti (with homemade noodles)
* Tilapia with Roasted Corn
* Horseradish Mac'n'Cheese with Bacon (this one is all for me!)
* Leek and Gnocchi Bake (I've always wanted to cook with leeks -- call it a dream)
* Pasta e Fagioli with Sausage
* 2 Alarm Chili Cups (bite size phyllo cups filled with chili)
So what sounds best to you? What should I start with?
Did I mention that I'm also calorie counting again. Hmmm.....